At last Xmas cards are done and dusted. Tonight I had time to play with my Black Friday bargain from Craftsulove. It's the Tonic studio ' Deck the hall ' die. Needless to say I didn't use the frame with the words. It's a card for a friend who has her birthday on Christmas Day.
Tuesday, 9 December 2014
At last another blog. Christmas cards done and dusted and in the post shortly. Two are variations on a theme done with Janet Pring and Lesley. The ornament is made with on of the spellbinder dies. I've made these in a mauve as my daughter likes a more contemporary card. I, on the other hand are a traditionalist through and through!!
Wednesday, 24 September 2014
This blog was for cards but I could not resist sharing the arrival of the new lawn mowers. They arrived three weeks ago to help cut the grass and definitely not to produce wool for me to spin. This is Kim with her cria (baby) called Rory and Drew with her cria Geno. This is Felicity,with the two boys who were only 9weeks when the picture was taken.
Wednesday, 2 July 2014
I have not done much crafting lately as gardening and travelling have got in the way. It was lovely to spend Sunday at the Clarity workshop with Janet Pring at Great Blakenham. I love the abstract stencil we used on the first card, there was lots of cutting out but we made our own ink pads with reinkers for the leaves and the petals. The second card was much easier to to do using the stamp from the first card. The third card was great fun to do. We used shaving cream and the reinkers to obtain the multi coloured background then used the foam to stencil the flower. I took the foam off through the stencil and used a heat gun to dry it. I found it difficult to use a fine liner to outline the leaves and petals as the tip seemed to get coated by the foam remnant on the card. Perhaps a different pen would do a better job.I would like to use this technique again but have more of the background showing as it was so 'pretty'.
Tuesday, 3 June 2014
These are the cards I made at Janet's Clarity workshop at Great Blakenham last Sunday. One card used the inny and one the outside of the stencil. The third was done using a gelli plate and sponge for the mottled effect. This one used the outside of the stencil and then the scene created inside the frame. The border was done with a grass stamp, stamped all around the outside. This used the inside of the stencil to create the 'tree bark' effect using three colours. The outside of the stencil was put in place and the scene created. This used the gelli plate and a sponge to get the mottled effect.
Friday, 9 May 2014
Tuesday, 1 April 2014
Tuesday, 25 March 2014
Wednesday, 5 March 2014
Monday, 24 February 2014
Sunday, 23 February 2014
This is the card I made for the February Clarity challenge. I always seem to be on the drag as I change my mind a dozen times about what I am trying to achieve. I used the Clarity card stock and cut out my own heart stencils.I masked the card and brayered the heart using Adirondak Wild Plum. Using the small heart mask I sponged several around the page. I stamped the roses using versamark and masking the small hearts as I went.I brayered the whole page with wild plum then polished off the versamark. With a fine pen I outlined the hearts using a dot and a dash. Black was too severe but I did not have a fine pen in the right tone. I stamped the message using the letterbox kit in the plum and used fine embossing powder to glaze. The outer layer of the mount was achieved with the plum on white and by masking the roses as I went.